Crunchy goodness: DIY granola in a snap!
Homemade granola is a delicious and healthy breakfast option that you can easily make at home. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make homemade granola:
– 3 cups rolled oats
– 1 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds, cashews, or pecans)
– 1 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, cranberries, or apricots)
– 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
– 1/2 cup coconut oil or vegetable oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp salt
– Large mixing bowl
– Baking sheet
– Parchment paper
– Measuring cups and spoons
– Spatula or wooden spoon
– Airtight container for storage
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, chopped nuts, dried fruit, cinnamon, and salt. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to mix everything together well.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the honey or maple syrup, coconut oil or vegetable oil, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until everything is evenly coated.
5. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola mixture in an even layer.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring the granola every 10 minutes or so to ensure that it cooks evenly. Keep an eye on it towards the end of the baking time to make sure it doesn’t overcook and burn.
7. Once the granola is golden brown and crispy, remove it from the oven and let it cool completely on the baking sheet.
8. Once cooled, break the granola into small clusters and transfer it to an airtight container for storage. The granola will keep for up to two weeks at room temperature.
– Feel free to experiment with different types of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to personalize your granola.
– If you prefer your granola to be sweeter, you can add more honey or maple syrup to the mixture.
– You can also add spices like nutmeg or ginger to add more flavor to your granola.
There you have it, a simple and easy recipe for homemade granola that you can whip up in no time. Enjoy!
Granola gone wrong? Here’s why and what to do
Crunched for time? DIY granola to the rescue
If the reader is already an expert in making homemade granola, here are some advanced projects they can try:
1. Granola Bars: Use your homemade granola to make delicious and healthy granola bars. Mix your granola with honey, nut butter, and dried fruit, then press the mixture into a baking dish and bake until set.
2. Granola Parfait: Layer your homemade granola with yogurt and fresh fruit to create a delicious and healthy breakfast parfait.
3. Granola-Crusted Chicken: Use your granola as a coating for chicken or fish. Dip the chicken or fish in egg, then coat with granola and bake until crispy.
4. Granola Trail Mix: Mix your homemade granola with nuts, seeds, and dried fruit to create a delicious and healthy trail mix.
5. Granola Energy Bites: Mix your granola with peanut butter, honey, and chocolate chips to create bite-sized energy snacks.
6. Granola Smoothie Bowl: Blend your granola with frozen fruit and yogurt to create a delicious and filling smoothie bowl.
When trying these advanced projects, remember to experiment with different ingredients and ratios to find the perfect balance for your taste. Also, don’t be afraid to get creative and come up with your own recipes using your homemade granola as a base.
Tags: breakfast, crunchy, delicious, driedfruit, easy, gluten-free, granolabars, healthy, homemade, homemadegranola, mealprep, nuts, oats, quick, recipe, seeds, simple, snack, toppings, vegetarianTweet